1 bottle of drinkable red wine, preferably something bigger bodied like a cabernet sauvignon or shiraz
2 sticks of cinnamon, additional sticks for garnish
4 star anise
1 small piece of ginger, peeled and grated
1 orange, zested and juice
1 lemon, zested only
3 shots of brandy
8 tablespoons of honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a steel (not aluminum) pot and bring to a boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
2. Strain through a fine sieve and serve in a bejeweled goblet garnished with an additional cinnamon stick.
8 eggs, separated
3 cups of milk
3 cups of heavy cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup of sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
8 star anise
Half bottle of bourbon
Half tsp grated nutmeg
1. Bring liquid, sugar and spices to a boil in a steel pot. After boiling, remove from heat and let steep for 5 minutes.
2. In the meantime whisk your egg yolks until lightened in color, add hot milk and cream liquid slowly while whisking vigorously.
3. Let liquid cool completely, ideally overnight in the fridge.
4. Beat egg whites until you reach soft peak stage, remove the milk/cream mix from the fridge, strain, and fold into the beaten egg whites.