- 2-3 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 sour oranges, squeezed
- 8 lemons, squeezed
- 8 limes, squeezed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 serrano pepper or jalapeno, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 large avocados, diced
1. Cook the shrimp in boiling water for about 5 minutes, then remove and cool in ice cold water. Strain when cooled.
2. Cut the shrimp into 1-inch pieces and add to a large bowl.
3. Add the citrus (orange, lemon and lime) juice and marinate for about 2 hours.
4. Add the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and chilies, and marinate for about 2 more hours.
5. Add the cucumber and avocado before serving.