Time: 20 minutes
- 10-12 fingerling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (or 2 lemons)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- lemon zest, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
|1. Juice the lemons and cut up potatoes. |
2. Place cut potatoes, vegetable broth, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, a generous pinch of salt, and a pinch of black pepper in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
|3. When tender, drain potatoes and place in a bowl. Chop the fresh basil and toss together with cooked potatoes, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. |
5. Eat warm or chill and serve cold.