|This chilled soup was light and served as an amuse-bouche for our guests.|
Time: 60 min (+3h waiting)
- 1 pork stock kit
- 2 leeks
- 2 desirée Potatoes
- 1 tbsp cream
- 8 small cucumbers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Shredded carrot/daikon
- Place ingredients from pork stock kit into a pot. Fill it with water until its covered. Boil for 1 hour at least.
- Boiling for longer (Approx 3 hours) will draw out more flavor. Strain out everything until you are left with the soup.
- Cut leek into bite size pieces. Take a pan and sauté leek until it’s soft. It should take 5 minutes on medium high heat. Add it into the soup.
- Peel potatoes, then dice them into bite sized pieces. Drop them into the soup and boil it for 30 minutes.
- After soup cools down, blend together with the whipping cream in a food processor.
- Take cucumbers and juice of one lemon and blend them together. Pour it on top of the creamy potato leek soup for the dual layer effect.
- Top with shredded carrot/daikon if desired.